Finance is a numbers driven organization which strives to create functional experts and values analytical thinkers. The Finance Division contributes to the firm by partnering with each of the firm’s businesses to understand and manage risks, measure profitability, and create solutions through quantitative analysis, projecting and forecasting.
We work to protect the firm’s global risk exposure and the profitability and structure of our various businesses.
Apply Your Skills to One of Our Three Finance Areas
Within the Finance Division, many of our people serve in multi-function capacities but fundamentally, you can be hired into three main areas: Finance & Accounting, Risk & Modeling, and Treasury.
Finance & Accounting professionals sit within our Controllers function measuring and accurately reporting the profitability of the firm’s complex products, services, and businesses globally. Teams are responsible for P&L reporting and analysis, capital analysis and financial reporting. Financial & Accounting teams are market focused, have an analytical mindset, and possess strong communication skills.
Risk & Modeling professionals sit within our Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk, and Market Risk functions. These teams develop comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude to challenge, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Credit Risk: Determines the firm’s risk appetite to trading counterparties across products, sectors and regions
- Liquidity Risk: Provides risk oversight to the areas of the firm responsible for making decisions affecting the firm’s management of liquidity
- Operational Risk: Develops and implements policies, methodologies and a formalized framework to minimize the firm’s exposure to operational risk
- Market Risk: Monitors, analyzes, and communicates market risk capital for internal risk management, supervisory and regulatory purposes
Treasury professionals sit within our Corporate Treasury function playing a key role in the management of the firm’s liquidity, funding, capital, and allocation of financial resources to align with the firm’s overall strategy. Teams are responsible for providing risk oversight to the areas of the firm responsible for making decisions affecting the firm’s management of these financial resources. Treasury teams are strategically focused, have a collaborative nature and possess strong problem solving skills.
Additionally, the Finance Division has Specialty Groups focusing on debt transactions and processes to help drive the firm's long-term strategic plan.
- Firmwide Strategy: Develops, evaluates, and executes plans for new businesses and growth initiatives and leads strategic transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Debt Underwriting Group: Works closely with IBD and control functions across the firm on debt transactions and processes related to committees of the firm
- Tax: Manages tax risk for the firm and ensures firm compliance with tax laws of the countries in which we conduct business
Who We Look For
If you’re interested in working in the Finance Division you should be able to demonstrate that you are highly motivated, with a commercial focus and strong analytical and communication skills. We look for people who enjoy being challenged, are team oriented and have good attention to detail.
Above all, we value integrity, a strong work ethic and a desire for excellence in future finance professionals.